Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sawyer and Cousin Naomi Baby dedication

We absolutely LOVE our sweet church, Calvary Chapel Malibu, and wanted to make sure and have Soy dedicated there before we moved. It was such a blessing to be able to have him dedicated at the same time as sweet little Naomi (Ben and Kristine go to the same church). David and I have grown so much in our relationship with the Lord the last few years and we have Pastor Bill and the our church family to thank for their encouragement and devotion to the Lord. We are going to miss everyone there so much.

When David and I found out we were pregnant with our precious Sawyer we were overjoyed but terrified. With Lupus, you have very high rates of miscarriage and still birth and I think we both just assumed our first pregnancy would end in a loss. We were cautiously excited throughout the whole first trimester (who am I kidding, throughout the whole pregnancy!) But I will never forget that first night we found out, we were laying in my sister Laura's guest room in CO not sure what emotions to have, and David just started praying over our little baby. He acknowledged to God that this baby is His child before he was ever ours and however long he decided to bless us with him we would be blessed and thankful. I remember as he was praying that prayer, an overwhelming peace covering both of us. Throughout the whole pregnancy any time I would have these little panic moments or start to freak out I would repeat that prayer and remind myself that this baby is God's child, not mine. I cannot hold onto him and control everything. Every night I was pregnant I prayed that he would grow to love the Lord and be a man after God's own heart. Now that he is here, we pray the same prayer over him every day. Sawyer loves when I read the Bible out loud to him, and he loves singing hymns, it makes my heart so happy that he is praising the Lord with his happy sounds as a little baby! Having him dedicated at our church was such an emotional and beautiful moment, we were again reminded that this child is God's child and however long he is here with us on earth we are vowing to raise him to love the Lord and be good examples to him. We have been blessed beyond words with the little guy, he truly is such a joy to us. Thank you Lord for our sweet, sweet son!





No comments:

Post a Comment